Women who are preparing for pregnancy or have concerns about infertility are invited to visit Caring for Women for a pre-conception counseling appointment. There are a variety of topics to discuss about pregnancy and fertility, and Dr. Ana Morales wants to make sure you receive the thorough, attentive care you deserve.
During a pre-conception counseling appointment with Dr. Morales, you will discuss:
- Stopping birth control
- Supplements (i.e., folic acid)
- Vaccination checklist
- Genetic screening for cystic fibrosis
- Medication consultation to optimize the pregnancy (especially if you’re on a blood pressure, diabetes, or thyroid medication)
- Pregnancy: What to expect
If you have concerns about infertility, Dr. Morales offers a basic infertility workup and treatment, including:
- Ensure fallopian tubes are open (referral for HSG)
- Semen analysis (referral for spouse)
- Blood test to ensure you are ovulating
- Treatment with clomiphene (Clomid) for ovulation induction
Deciding to get pregnant is one of the most exciting decisions you’ll ever make. Start your journey with Dr. Morales at Caring for Women, and you’ll be prepared for a healthy, enjoyable pregnancy!